Meet our MOM of the month - Stacey Barrow!
"Hard working, inspiring to her daughter, supportive, motivated, and caring" were the words used by the FIT4MOM GE Wheaton instructor team when nominating Stacey. Stacey joined our village in spring of 2015 and has told us many times she wishes she would have found us sooner! She gives 110% to every single class she attends and is such an inspiration to her 2 year old daughter Emmie. While Stacey doesn't drive to class currently, she still makes it to at least 3 classes per week, our weekly playgroup, and our Mom's Nights Out. She is truly an AMAZING mom, friend, and member of our village. We are thankful to have her! Congratulations Stacey!
- Hometown: Shotton Colliery, United Kingdom
- Family: I have a Grandad called Sam, Mam & Dad called Bill & Janice. My sister is called Samantha is married to Gary and they have 2 beautiful daughters, Leah & Erin. My husband is Ian that I call Barra & our amazing little girl Emmie!
- Previous Career: I was a trainer and energy efficiency advisor for a gas & electricity company.
- Childhood Ambition: I always wanted to be a police officer.
- Motherhood means to me... AMAZING! Emmie fascinates me, she is a brilliant little girl.
- Furthest you have been away from home: USA. I have been to Florida, Boston, and now Illinois.
- How did you hear about FIT4MOM: Friend Christina told e about F4M and I met Lesley at the Wheaton Kite Festival and decided to give it a try! I wish I had done it as soon as Christina told me about it.
- How has FIT4MOM changed your life: It has ignited a passion for fitness in me and has made me get my act together to get the weight off. I also love how Emmie now copies everything we do!
- Favorite Exercise: All of them
- Proudest Moment: Having my daughter Emmie. I know this is cliche but I wasn't concerned about having children. I was happy with my nieces and nephews. But Barra (husband Ian) talked me into it and she is really one of the best things I have ever done.
- Something you wouldn't know about me: I am a personal trainer and have been for 12 years!