This month we are honored to have Brynn as our MOM of the month. Brynn has been a member of Our Village for almost a year. She found FIT4MOM on her maternity leave with her second child and hasn't stopped attending classes since. She went back to work full time and promptly joined our Body Back program. She's always smiling in classes, has a wonderful attitude and will pick you up whenever you are down. She has a heart of gold and we are so lucky she found us!
- Hometown: Villa Park, IL
- Family: My handsome hubby of 9 years, Kent plus our kiddos Cole (4), Reese (1) and our sweet pup Harley (9)
- Current career: Benefits Analyst at ALDI Corporate (I mostly work on long term, strategic projects)
- Childhood ambition: I wanted to be a Marine Biologist because in my head that meant I would swim with dolphins all day. Obviously there is much more to that gig than 10 year old me was aware of so I decided to pursue a different path.
- What does motherhood mean to you? Motherhood means you never get to shower or pee alone, it takes you an hour to get out the door, millions of questions, public tantrums and living in a madhouse run by a tiny army that you created. But, more importantly, it means unconditional love, appreciating every small moment, sweet snuggles, selflessness, laughter and learning to view the world through the eyes of our kids. I am so thankful I get to be their mom and hopefully help them grow into independent, brave and kind adults.
- What is the furthest you have been from home? Berlin, Germany in 2011 for a wedding celebration for my best friend and her husband. We had personal tour guides since her husband grew up there and we had the best time going on adventures with them and enjoying the city.
- How did you find FIT4MOM? 3 weeks after I had Reese my husband went back to work and I quickly realized that I could not sit around the house all day by myself with 2 kids. A couple weeks later I came across a post about stroller classes on Facebook and I was so excited to get out of the house with both kids. I went to my first class where Reese cried through the whole thing and Cole asked for a snack approximately every 15 seconds, but we all survived! I ended up buying a maternity leave pass and met some amazing people, my kids met other kids, the three of us got out of the house several times a week and it literally saved my sanity.
- How has FIT4MOM changed your life? I feel like I can’t even begin to explain this but I will try. After I had kids I thought “well, this is who I am now. I am a mom and I will never be the person I was before.” I certainly was not unhappy, but I had lost a lot of confidence in myself. About 5 months after Reese, I decided to do Body Back and see if I could get my "me" back. I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I think my main expectations were to miss bedtime a couple nights a week, do 5 sit ups instead of zero and have a little me time, but it turned in to so much more than that. I have gained strength, confidence, knowledge and friends. I have taken what I learned through three sessions of Body Back and made lifestyle changes that have made me a better mom and wife. I have learned that taking care of myself is not something I do if there is time, but something I need to make time to do so that I am able to take care of others. I have learned to give myself a little grace. To say that I am forever grateful for FIT4MOM, Lesley, Ashley, this village and everyone who helped push me is an extraordinary understatement.
- Favorite exercise? I love Tabata and when Emily makes us climb the mountain.
- Proudest moment: Becoming a mom
- Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us: I used to work for the White Sox and that is how I met Kent, through my boss at the ballpark!
Thanks for sharing Brynn!! Want to meet mamas like Brynn? Check out a free class.